Ita M. Neymotin, Regional Counsel

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):


  1. What is the Office of Criminal Conflict and Civil Regional Counsel?
  2. How can I hire the Office of Criminal Conflict and Civil Regional Counsel?
  3. How can I contact my attorney?
  4. What office is my case at?
  5. What will happen to my case?
  6. Why can't my family talk to my attorney?



  1. The five Regional Counsel offices were created by the legislature in 2007 to provide legal representation to indigent persons in basically three classes of cases: 1) criminal conflict cases that the court grants the Public Defender’s motion to withdraw and appoints the OCCCRC, 2) dependency and civil cases, and 3) certain statutorily authorized civil commitment proceedings. OCCCRC also handles appeals and post conviction motions.
  2. A person cannot hire the Office of Criminal Conflict and Civil Regional Counsel. Much like the public defender, a Regional Counsel attorney is appointed to a client that is declared indigent.
  3. You may contact your attorney by clicking on the contact us page, locating your county office, which provides the phone number, mailing address, and email address of that office.
  4. The office your case will be at, is dependent on where the legal activity occurred. For example if you have been arrested in Fort Myers, Florida, your case would be handled by the Lee County Regional Counsel Office. Please refer to the contact us page for office locations.
  5. To find out how your case will proceed, please contact your attorney so you can discuss your specific case.
  6. Your Regional Counsel Attorney may only talk to you, the client, per Florida Bar Rules, as you have an attorney-client privilege.


Disclaimer: None of the above constitutes legal advice. Please consult your attorney to discuss your case.